Insect photography is a challenging and stimulating art. Well-shot images give stunning results, which can aid study and enhance enjoyment of the natural world. This practical book explains how to reliably take those photographs. Through introducing insects and their behaviour, it advises on when and how to see nature at work and, by instructing on techniques, it shows how to capture the moment to dramatic effect.
- Advises on buying and using equipment for both compact camera and SLR users
- Describes how to find and understand insects, and encourages responsible photography and good fieldcraft
- Instructs on composition, exposure, lighting and advanced techniques
- Suggests ways of sharing images, cataloguing and caring for them, and backing them up
- Aimed at amateur and professional naturalists and photographers, as well as artists