Drawing and Painting Insects is a beautiful and inspiring guide. Whatever your experience, whether new to the subject or a seasoned entomologist, this book will help you capture the beauty of insects by helping you understand their structure and appreciate their behaviour, movement, colour and habitat.
Topics covered include:
- Advice on finding insects to draw and paint, including how to raise your own insect models
- Guide to the anatomy and life cycles of the insect for the artist
- Step-by-step demonstrations of drawings, looking at perspective, tonal values and mark-making techniques
- Examples of watercolour and oil paintings representing insects in precise, scientific renditions through to more creative interpretations
- Introduction to other uses of insect illustration, including printmaking, sculpture, leather and glass
- Illustrated with examples and insights from leading artists